I guess I better start writing a blog.
“I don’t have time”
“I’m not in the zone”
“It’ll write itself”
“Where do I start?”
What better place to start than by writing about not knowing where to start? Genius!
I’ve done the whole ‘anonymous’ blog before, and I must say, it is actually quite tricky to be putting myself out there as me. Me. Just me. Well not ‘just me’ but just ME. Yes, me. I guess I had an alter ego to hide behind last time. That alter ego served her purpose, and now it’s time to be me. Just me.
Enjoy! So, here goes….
I’m sure you’re wondering what I’m going to be writing about, well isn’t that an excellent question?
But I’ll get there….
Just me: the introduction.
I’m Erin. ‘Erry’ to most, ‘Barnes’ or ‘Barnesy’ to too many, McNerry to a close few. Probably a few other names get thrown around by the unpleasant folk, but hey, that doesn’t matter, I call them those names too. So there.
How do I introduce myself?
Have I got a treat you!
Never really knowing where to start, I decided to ask my good ole mate Google for some inspiration. I stumbled across an eHarmony article for the “twenty first date questions you don’t want to ask — ever”, and could not think of anything better to introduce myself!
Oh, I know you’re excited!!
1. How much money do you make? More than the average, not so much that makes me an asshole, but enough to make some dislike me a little.
2. How do I look? [EDIT: considering I am not in a conversation with someone on a first date, I will just tell you how I look. You’re welcome.] Right now? Well I am post shower but pre make up, so I look clean.. Oh! You mean what do I look like? Aaaaah OK. I’ll post a photo.
3. Who did you vote for in the last election? Don’t throw popcorn at me, but I didn’t….. I was away overseas and forgot to send off my postal vote before I left. It was a tough one anyway.
4. How many kids do you want to have? Ha! Right now? Zero. That may change in the future, it’s changed 17 other times throughout my life.
5. What kind of wedding do you want to have? If. If. Don’t personally see a huge value in marriage. If I do, it will be very different from my last one. Yes, divorced.
6. What went wrong between you and your ex? Which one? What went right? Etcetera etcetera.
7. Have you ever cheated on someone? Oh dear..
8. Have you ever been in love? Yes, varying degrees of it.
9. Where do you see this relationship going? I don’t really know how to answer this but going back to the fact that this is not a first date and I am answering my own questions, I’ll say I’d like the relationship with myself to stay positive and fun!
10. Why are you single? I’m not.
11. Are you afraid of commitment? Negative. Have been before, realised that when you don’t date douchebags commitment isn’t so scary.
12. What do your parents do? Dad, runs his own electrical business. Mum, retired.
13. Do you have any STDs? Wow. No.
14. What’s your greatest regret? I don’t like to regret because it doesn’t get you anywhere, I prefer to learn. But the sole regret I have in life is not flying to Sydney to see my Nanna before she died.
15. Do you think your parents will like me? Pretty sure they like me.
16. Are you on a diet? Every fad diet that has ever existed, basically, I have done. Now I just eat real food, but when I eat the processed crap, it is binged and it is done in epic proportions.
17. Is that tan spray-on? They don’t do spray tans in ‘pastey’.
18. Have you ever had plastic surgery? Do not open this can of worms right now. No I have not.
19. What’s your five-year plan? Smile and live my life to the fullest. Go places. See the world. Do whatever makes me happy.
20. Wanna come up for a drink? I thought you’d never ask.
Want to know more? Well, you’re just going to have to keep reading aren’t you. I’ve got this shit figured out!! Next post: “How to build suspense by McNerry”. Not really.
Why am I starting a blog then? Probably a good question to finish with.
I’ll start with why I write. I write to unleash the myriad of thoughts that roll around my head. It is a great avenue for me to get it out and let it go. Not always is the complex mind of McNerry negative though, sometimes I am excited and need to just calm it the fuck right down. So I write. I like to be able to express my feelings in a way that others can feel it too. Let me know how you think I’m going if you wish.
So why the blog then? I turn 30 next year. Oooooh. Aaaaaah. OH MY GOD! No, I am not scared of it. All I see when I see the number ‘30’, is 2 smaller numbers welded together to make one larger number which can be an age. I see it more as an opportunity to make something of my life, drumroll my way in to my thirties and the rest of my life. On my 29th birthday I completed a list. A 30 before thirty bucket list, which is just that, one bit fat suspense ridden drumroll that is going to propel me into the not-so-scary-at-all fourth decade of my life!
Ladies and gentlemen, introducing…..
DRUMROLL PLEASE (see what I did there? Ha!)
Say no to birth’day’, birth’week’ and birth’month’.. No, no. NO! I introduce to you my thirtieth birth YEAR, and it starts NOW! (Well, officially started last month, but hey, I procrastinated the shit out of this intro post and now it is September).
I’ll be back soon (time to throw out the procrastination hat) with the list and my journey throughout it.